Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Living Room 3.0

What a difference! I am so pleased with it. And really proud of my husband. It looks great. We need to take an artist's brush to a few spots, but only to a very few spots. I am very happy with how the color turned out. Now we just need to get some decorations back up on the walls!


Living room after. This shot is take at night (previous was day image). Obviously, we need more lamps in this room! But the color is really quite nice. 

6 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger richard said...

I like the paint color.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Thanks! We're really happy with the living room color. The kitchen we're not as enthused about, but anything is better than patchy ultra-white.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Chad said...

As a fellow fan of lamps, I was wondering what your thought process is for lighting a room.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Not sure how we'll solve the lighting problem yet. We were thinking some nice lanterns (there are hooks in the ceiling already) but a 12ft ceiling means a whole lot of unsightly cord hanging down. I'd like the replace the college-era target floor lamp though. It's a work in progress.

One nice thing is that having a big skylight in a living room in Tucson means you never need lamps during the day.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Natural light poring into the living room? very jealous

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

It's wonderful. We have skylights in all the rooms but the bedrooms. So you never have to turn on a light during the day. It's takes some getting used to. Guests tend to spend a few minutes trying to turn off the bathroom light before they realize the light is coming from the sun :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home