Weekend Review
So, we rented Super Size Me via Netflix this weekend. It was a pretty good watch, but I'm an easy sell for the premise, since I long ago reached the point where the mere smell of McDonald's food makes my stomach churn with bile. The film didn't really reveal much that people don't know already: Fast food is bad for you (though, maybe it's even worse than we thought)! And you shouldn't eat it often, even if the fast food business would like you too, as they are fond of your money. A few things, like the extent to which this stuff is pushed on children, is pretty yucky when you think about it. The presentation was the key, and I think he did that fairly well. I did learn that almost everything on the menu, including the salads, contains sugar. I would also guess that the sugar content has a lot to do with the mood swings and the depression, alleviated by more eating. I was much more disturbed by the footage of school cafeterias. Now, school lunches were pretty nasty when I was a kid too, but at least there were items beyond the brown and beige end of the spectrum on the menu.
My house is still in complete disarray as the Tiling Adventure continues. Knock on wood, it will be completed tomorrow, as my in-laws will arrive Friday. This leaves me with less time than I would like to whip my house into a Martha-esque state of orderliness. At any rate, when the tile job is complete I'll post the whole story, complete with photos and yet more evidence that the people who built the addition should never have been allowed to wield a hammer.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home