Autumn Comes to Tucson
So, this weekend we got some rain from storm Javier, which was much needed after a wimpy monsoon and weeks on end of very hot, very dry weather. Of course, Tucson and structures in Tucson tend to be built as though rain is unheard of (hence, our flood-prone room), so several streets flooded and our drive out to have dinner with Geoff and Rick was quite the experience.
The extremely pleasant outcome of the rain though is that high temperatures have dropped to the low 90s and the atmosphere actually has a hint of moisture. Stepping out of the office yesterday, the air felt so good it seemed like life should have broken into slow motion, like one should have been able to move all Gwenyth-Paltrow-steps-off-the-bus in Royal Tannenbaums, just to enjoy the change in weather more intensely.
This weekend also gave me a chance to further experiment with The Sims2. Having taken little Sims from infancy through toddler-hood into their teens, seen first kisses both succeed and fail, nursed a broken heart and the flu, chastised the guilty for sneaking out with her girlfriends, and discovered alien artifacts which led to a promotion.... yeah, I'm pretty sure the game rocks.
Tonight, The Gilmore Girls premiere, The Amazing Race reaches the finish line, and there's the soapy goodness of Nip/Tuck. Wow, it's been a really, really long time since I've had three things to watch in one night.


3 Comments:
With both shows, I caught a few episodes in reruns, then got hooked. I have been catching up on Nip/Tuck thanks to Netflix. I don't really feel much need to fully catch up on Rory's high school years (I know enough to figure out the background) but I enjoyed what I saw last season, and am really looking forward to this season. Luckily for me, because of my time zone, tonight will just be one long TV marathon. GG at 7, TAR at 8, Nip/Tuck at 10.
You just have to go back and watch the first few seasons of Gilmore. I've been watching it since the beginning and it's been great since the first episode. I thought last season was a little slow due to Rory being away at college so I think you would like the older ones. Plus you get to experience the great Adam Brody. OK. Fan boy moment over.
Yes, well, as The OC seems to be doing fine, they need to bite the bullet and get a new love interest for Lane... because if she's just going to keep living vicariously through Rory and getting all woohoo! about Rory's continued dalliance with her married ex-boyfriend? I may not be able to like Lane anymore.
Post a Comment
<< Home