Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Monday, May 29, 2006

Assorted Thoughts for Monday

WithBoth2

The in-laws left today after a pretty successful visit. They were impressed with the baby (as well they should be), did a lot of work for me in my back yard, and helped with housework. Jon and I were able to get out and around on our own for a very nice dinner. I ordered a big, frothy girly drink as I have not had in about a year. Today we're taking it easy and enjoying it being just us again.

Also, just for the fun of it, we went Saturday to go look at this big community a little outside town where about ten different builders are putting up houses. We saw some neat places, but the town is way too far out. Still, some of the floorplans were really neat (if cringingly cookie-cutter), and look at cookies enough and you get hungry. So we went to another big builder on Sunday, this one not nearly so far out. We are no longer in the mood to munch. When the salesman started getting into the actual details of the building process, it got a lot less attractive. We're well back to thinking we'll stay in this house for a while.

Motherhood is isolating me from the wider world right now. I am used to streaming NPR during my workday. This weekend I saw a news item about the Enron hearings and was blown away because I had heard nothing about the verdict despite it being old news at that point. I am completely out of touch.

Fiona started sleeping more through the night... only one wee-hours feeding for a few nights. She's been back to two the past coupla nights, but that gives me hope that she's on her way to longer sleeps. She's getting to be a good-sized girl and a very hearty eater.

Hope everyone's had a nice holiday weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home