Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Combo Blog

Target was out of stock on the coffee maker I wanted, but we have a stop-gap coffee maker for now. If I get lazy, it might remain our coffee maker for some time. The coffee maker I do want is on sale this week at KMart, but I'm only allowed a few trips to KMart each year. Why? MSE. Growing up, KMart stores in my area were so shoddy they made (the increasingly preachy) Wal-Mart look welcoming and classy. But now, KMart carries the Martha Stewart Everyday line, and I can't seem to walk out without an assortment of cooking implements, linens, or Christmas decorations (by far the biggest vice).

We've had quite the weather change in the Old Pueblo lately. When the rain woke me early this morning, for the first time in a year, I did not jump up to go see how much water had invaded the house. That was a good feeling. Currently, the wind has taken on Oklahoman strength. The palm trees outside my window are by turns no longer visible or trying to attack me with pointy green fingers.

I had my own scary Amazon experience today. My inbox was suddenly flooded with improbably titled garbage like this. After a moment I realized it was because I added Interior Desecrations to my cart. I quickly remembered why I stopped reading James Lileks's website as the election season kicked into high gear. Maybe he will go back to being funny some time around February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home