Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Assorted Thoughts

Well, I've finished Prep. I haven't has as much luck with novels lately, which made this a great treat. Curtis Sittenfeld (what a name for a girl) may have penned one of the most realistic teenaged narrators ever. As a boarding school grad myself and someone who was often an outcast (though, actually, this got much better at my boarding school), this book made me ache with recognition at some of the protagonist's experiences. A very good read, despite being terribly depressing at times.

Got my oil changed this morning, and for the first time ever when they showed me my air filter, I could actually see why they wanted to put in a new one. Mine was choked with dandelion seeds. The weeds are really wild this year. I spent part of my weekend and yesterday evening on the offensive. And I am so not done.

Back to the lab! PS: Scientific American makes my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home