Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Assorted Thoughts

So, last night Jon and I were flipping channels. I stopped on Fletch, because I love my husband. Five minutes in, the audio track suddenly switched over and we were getting this bizarro dialog that matched nothing. Finally a voice come on to let us know that we were hearing a CSI marathon. The humor wore off after a moment or two of this. But it's still the most fun I've ever had watching Fletch.

Tuesdays are a little duller without a new Gilmore Girls. Otherwise, it's been a good TV week so far. Deadwood continues to impress. It even looks like they're going to do something interesting with Joannie this season, instead of just having her swan around all moony and expecting us to care despite the total lack of character development. They've never even hinted at what exactly makes Cy so taken with her, and the lack of context is a real rarity for this show. Seriously, last season I felt like every second spent on her was time stolen from other characters. Alma's transformation into unapologetic bitch this week was great, and it looks like Bullock and Al are on the same side yet again when it comes to the future of the camp. Brilliant.

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

If growth as a person requires extended exposure to Chevy Chase, I'm just going to have to remain stunted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home