Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Assorted Thoughts for Thursday

SickDay2 Fiona has another ear infection. Apparently I'm not keeping her upright enough when she eats. Or something. It's really frustrating. She's also got a terrible cough, watery eyes, a runny nose, and generally feels like hell. I was home with her yesterday (got caught up on Heroes), but today we're back at work and daycare.

Jon shaved off the beard. It was a little shocking, since he'd had the beard for five years or so. He is also now the proud owner of an Xbox 360, because I'm the nicest wife ever.

I'm up to five books this year now. Born to Kvetch was unfortunately not as entertaining as the author's NPR interview had led me to expect, but parts of it were good. Hey, Nostradamus, the story of a school shooting and its fallout as told sequentially by four characters, might well be one of Coupland's best. I've got a few to-reads in my stack, but it's pretty small. I'm open to recommendations.

Superbowl weekend. Party at our place. Anyone cooking up anything special?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home