Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Friday, August 13, 2004

Farewell Julia

Well, nice to know that Alan Keyes thinks my marriage is wrong because I married for my own happiness and not for the benefit of society. Wow. I mean, by this man's logic, the infertile and older folks are just as wrong to want to marry as he thinks gays are. That's just ... lovely. I'm still amazed that this is even an issue. I'd really like think that in five years, the whole country will have inclusion like Massachusetts, but I won't hold my breath.

Julia Child will cook now more. I still covet her kitchen, with its wall of beautiful copper pots. Perhaps I'll bake something in her honor this weekend.

If you have $20 burning a hole in your pocket, I highly recommend picking up the First Season DVDs for Reno 911. Funny and quite possibly the most reasonably priced DVD set I've seen yet. (The Sopranos box sets run, what, $70 on sale? Same number of eps, though I'll grant you, twice as long. Therefore, wouldn't $40 be more reasonable?) While the new season has had the funniest episode so far, I do miss the old intro with Raineesha (I had to look up the proper spelling) doing her nails in the patrol car and Dangle's frightening, potentially far too revealing combat pose.

3 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger richard said...

That was a good episode...

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

That ep just had it all... Dangle's beard, the Ku Sux Klan, the D&D scene.... that was genius. We heard an interview with the comedian who plays the little armored guy who was 'immune to prismatic sprays.' Turns out he actually knows the game, so Jon was doubly pleased. They've turned up again once; I'm hoping they'll become a recurring feature, like the 'you don't know me' guy.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger richard said...

Yeah, I love that guy - Patton Oswald. I've been a fan of his stand-up material for years and years. Excellent nerd sensibilities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home