Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Monday, February 14, 2005

Weekend Rave

It was a wonderful weekend. Much needed after a long week.

The weather turned lovely. It was a great weekend for sitting on the porch.


On Saturday, we headed down to Tubac for the Festival of the Arts. Tubac is supposed to be a little artists' colony and we had heard good things about the festival. I don't know if this year was different or what. There's a new retiree community being built nearby, and the entire festival seemed to turn into a giant ad for the new 'Barrio de Tubac' housing development. We had suspected Bob Gertz would be there, and he was. We had already purchased one of his pieces at the 4th Ave Winter Street Fair; it now graces a wall in the kitchen. We now own two more, one larger and one smaller, which are up in the living room. Our walls are much less boring now. The man really has a gift for capturing color in Tucson's buildings. Unfortunately, the rest of the fest was a little subpar. Looking forward to the Spring Street Fair here in town.

Sunday, I got up for my yoga class, which was once again wonderful. Later in the day, I headed downtown for a rally organized by one of the local gay advocacy groups and featuring about 20 speakers and attended by about 300 people. That's right, I've become the type that goes to rallies, writes my representatives, and generally stands up to be heard and counted. Anyway, it was neat. I also got to see some parts of downtown that were new to me.


Rounded out the day with a trip to Nimbus and some play time with Bess. I'm a little behind on my weekend chores due to all the fun and relaxing, but I can live with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home