Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Mid-Weekend Review

As my darling, attentive husband mentioned, I've been a bit put out this weekend. I had an appointment on Thursday to have my lower wisdom teeth removed. I was told they were not impacted and that it would be a simple extraction. I will spare you the details and simply say that I was told incorrectly. I ended up getting all four removed. They did pump me full of plenty of local, so the procedure itself was more freaky and unsettling than painful. The recovery has been .... less than pleasant. Suffice it to say, viva vicodin!

After a day and a half of wallowing, today I got up and around, ran some errands and began the process of de-weeding the backyard. With all the rain recently, the soil is soft and the task was more therapeutic than anticipated. Tomorrow, I may go to yoga if my face is less likely to get me rushed to a battered women's shelter. Monday is a holiday for me, but I may go in, at least for a little while to make up the time I missed Friday.

Hope the weekend is going well for all.

4 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger richard said...

Sorry to hear about the unexpectedly painful recovery - hope things are improving.

A friend of mine in my program here at Michigan went out for a job talk at Arizona last week, which he said went really well but he wasn't "sure" about Tuscon. Thanks for sharing your Tuscon adventures in your blogs, without which I would be providing considerably more inept advice for him. I felt comfortable assuring him that there are good things to do and see there, they just take some effort to find.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I am getting my wisdom teeth out next Monday. I am expecting the worse, so maybe I will not get that. I'm going to the oral surgeon that Aamir used, and he seemed to do OK, so maybe I won't be horribly in pain like I'm scared of.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

sorry that you didn't have a good go of it, hope you are feeling better!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

My mouth actually doesn't hurt too badly, at least when I stay consistent with taking the pain meds. My lower left is the worst, and the only one really still hurting today. It was the toughest extraction, so that makes sense.

Mostly what hurt during was my jaw from having to force my mouth so wide open. That also tore the hell out of my lips, which is the worst part of it now. It wasn't all that bad other than right after they did it. So, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home