Aloha!
Okay, I'm going to refrain from griping too much about having to travel to Waikiki for work, because I know that's just going to (rightfully) provoke a chorus of "Oh yeah. Poor you." It is indeed beautiful here. Flowers drip off of everything, it smells like perfume, the air feels like bath water. I just really wish my husband was here to enjoy it with me.
I arrived Tuesday and .... well, just don't expect things to run smoothly on island time people. Your bags, your rental car, getting checked in to the hotel? No one here is in a hurry. So just remember to take deep breaths and thank the valets for holding your keys while the desk clerk takes 20 minutes to assign you a room.
We finished the installation early yesterday, and couldn't begin testing until today. So, since I didn't bring a swim suit (because it didn't occur to me that work issues might actually go smoothly), I hit Sephora because I get girlier as I get older. And bought my much-missed husband some chocolates and coffee. Then it was time for dinner. On a tip from our chef friend, I headed down to Tiki's, which was delish. I had fish and clam chowder, then fresh mahi mahi with a seafood salsa (crab, shrimp, peppers) over rice. Really good. Really filling. I highly recommend the place if you ever make it out to Oahu.
Anyway, tonight I don't know what my plans are. But tomorrow, I get to go home to my husband. Paradise it lovely, but it's no fun without his company.


2 Comments:
The air is really damp and warm, like the air that hovers over a hot bath. It feels really great for a while, but after a long walk, you're dying for a stiff breeze.
I had a really nice afternoon today. We finished early. I sat by the pool sipping an overpriced mai tai, enjoying the shade and island winds that cooled the air. Good times.
That sounds fantastic. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying a bit of the environment while you're there.
Post a Comment
<< Home