Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Fluffy Stuff

The Palo Verde pollen is wrecking me, but at least Target now offers cheap generic Claratin. Poor Jon has his second all-night grading session this evening. He arrived home earlier this morning than expected from the last one, but notice that I said earlier in the morning. Yeah, he's in for another long, long day. Poor fella.

I was sad to see that Carnivale is officially not getting picked up for another season. At least Deadwood has already been renewed for a third season. In other entertainment news, The Onion has their summer movie preview up. And boy, the summer is really remake-rific. I will blessedly be away in Jackson when Star Wars hits theatres, so I don't even have to debate whether to see it early on. Here's the thing ... I'm not saying I absolutely won't see it. If the notices and reviews from trusted friends are positive, perhaps I'll relent. But I sometimes don't make it to the theatre for movies I genuinely want to see (which is why when I buy Life Aquatic this weekend, it will be the first viewing). So I'm not going to rush off the theatre to plunk down $10 on something that will likely both suck and further chip away at my enjoyment of the original movies. On the other hand, I'm eager to see how Charlie and the Chocolate Factory turns out. I never cared much for the original (I think I was too old the first time I saw it and it looked absurdly dated), but Tim Burton and Johnny Depp.... that could be amazing... or it could be Planet of the Apes

Other entertainment notes: I can hardly wait to see how they wrap up Gilmore Girls this season, but I remain spoiler-free. The Amazing Race had an amazing finish. Lost is trying to kill me tonight with more Kate but at least there's the Alias (silliest show ever people, but fun to watch) finale to follow it up.

Back to work I go.

4 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger richard said...

You and Mary seem to be of the same mind with regards to Freckles. And I hadn't heard about Carnivale... big bummer.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

'Freckles'. heh. That took me a moment. Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and the whole Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle are boring. Just deathly dull on a show with way more interesting people on it. Plus I loathe the way they keep having her talk like she's some kind of moral arbiter, the wise medicine woman of the island. Um, she killed the 'love of her life' while robbing a bank. Yep, that's the group's ethics touchstone.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

Yeah, last night did not help Kate much in my book. So we find out the guy she shot (while robbing a bank) was just her beau, not the love of her life. The love of her life was a married guy she imposed herself on and got killed by driving him at high speed towards armed police officers. Oh, that's so tragic. I feel so terrible for her. Oh, wait. No, I don't. And then she advises Sun to poison her husband? And we're really supposed to feel bad for this woman?

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

Yes, I want to know what's up with psychic Walt (who appears to have been able to do strange things even before the island). What's the story with Claire's baby? Why was Hurley spending time in a mental institution? How does the island 'talk' to Locke? Why can he walk now? Where and what are The Others? What about the monster? So many unanswered questions that have *nothing* to do with Kate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home