Weekend So Far
It's Sunday morning, and so far I've had a magnificent yoga class and a breakfast of waffles and peaches. That's a good morning. I have no particular plans for the rest of the day, which is also nice. Probably some baseball, maybe some beer. Laundry.
I am going to plant a few more things in the yard. Yesterday, among other errands, I picked up two red yuccas and a Mexican hummingbird bush. All are native and low-water usage. They are my last-ditch attempt to get something growing in the intense, unprotected westward area of the garden. If these hardy specimens can't tough it out, I officially give up.
Another thing we picked up this weekend was The Life Aquatic. Which was ... terrible. Let me explain. It's a terrible movie, the plot is vaporous at best. But it looks wonderful, as Anderson's films do, and the actors are really amusing to watch. The movie made me feel drunk, and I laughed out loud a number of times. But as much as I adore the director and a number of the cast, it just didn't work as a movie. It might have worked better as a series of adventures of the Zissou crew; those bits were the best part. Amazing soundtrack, as always.
Next weekend, I'll be witnessing Gina's wedding. That I am very much looking forward to.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home