Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Assorted Thoughts for Wednesday

So, looks like pop culture junk mail shares my skepticism about the upcoming Dukes Movie. The casting is so all over the place. They seemed to get the older generation right and then screwed the hell up. Yeah, I don't think I'll be seeing this one. I think Jon pegged it right when he said he could only think of two reasons to see the movie, and well, those get plenty of exposure without paying $9.

Today I get my front tires replaced. I know close to nothing about all things cars. So I brought along The Tipping Point to read while I let the car people do their work. So far it's not as neat as Blink, but pretty darn good. I've got a huge stack to get through before my next trip, so I'll take my reading opportunities where I can find them.

Recent music acquisitions: Sahara Hotnights, rocker girls with guitars, which I heard about on NPR, like about half my music library. Finally broke down and downloaded the soundtrack to OMWF. Damn, I miss that show. Jon also burned a few Of Montreal CDs for me recently, which I believe was a recommendation from Richard. Love them.

On the advice of the manager at my nursery, I'm trying to love some new plants into growing. Two of the three are doing great, which is better success than we've had lately. If those can hang on, I'll add another row. Wish me luck!

Note: Spell check wanted to replace 'Hotnights' with 'ethnicity'. The hell?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home