2005 Book List, Notes, Etc
Happy New Year, all! So, I didn't make it to 50 books this year, but 37 is respectible I hope. Don't know what I'll make it to next year with a wee one to watch. Probably there will be a lot more baby books on the list.
For those who wondered about the seriously down home cookbook, it is the Southern Country Cookbook, published by the Progressive Farmer people in 1972. In addition to roasted possum, there are several recipes for squirrel and racoon. Lots of goat as well. Nummy.
Glad I took the extra day off. I feel a lot more relaxed, though no more ready to return to work. This weekend Jon and I finally rented 40-year-old Virgin, which was indeed entertaining. We also put blinds up in the Arizona room, something we've been planning to do since we moved in three years ago. I can't believe the difference it makes and it was the impetus for cleaning that whole room so it looks great now. We're also all revved about doing more home improvements now. Hopefully handy guy is healed and can paint for us again. Otherwise it's time to find another painter. Maybe it's the nesting impulse, but I want to get this place fixed up pronto.
I'm still adjusting to being bigger. It's like a few days ago my stomach suddenly went from slightly bigger to HUGE. If anyone tells me now that I don't look pregnant, I may cry.
2005 Book List.
- Female Chauvinist Pigs : Women and the Rise of Raunch Culture A
- The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy B
- Memories of My Melancholy Whores B+
- The Outside World A-
- Fast Food Nation A
- A Feast for Crows B
- Foreign Babes in Beijing B+
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan B
- The Ladies Auxiliary A
- The Glass Castle A-
- Why Girls Are Weird A-
- The Giant's House B-
- A Long Way Down B+
- I'm Not The New Me B
- Never Let Me Go B+
- The Tipping Point A-
- Zorro : A Novel B
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince B
- Niagara Falls All Over Again A
- Interpreter of Maladies A
- The Patron Saint of Liars A-
- Freakonomics A
- The Death of Vishnu A
- Atonement A-
- The Devil in the White City B
- Mrs. Dalloway NG
- Such a Long Journey A-
- The Right Address C+
- The Kite Runner A-
- Prep A
- Blink A+
- Out C
- Family Matters A
- Alias Grace B
- Sex with Kings B+
- Desirable Daughters B
- What to Keep B+
- The Godfather Returns F-


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home