Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Eight Weeks

VeryHappyTummy

Fiona survived her first round of immunizations with only a mild fever, some fussiness, one skipped meal, and a six-hour period of intense clinginess. By dinner time, she was back to her usual happy self, as pictured above. In other good news, we were able to secure a spot at the day care we wanted. The place is big, well-staffed, provides formula, and is only charging me for a partial week the first week. I'm going back to work on a Thursday and doing a trial run the Tuesday before. I know it will be tough on me... it was tough leaving her with a trusted coworker last Thursday so Jon and I could go out (a work-related awards ceremony where my hubby was among the honorees, so go him!). But we all survived. It helps a lot that she's a complete sweetie pie.

By the way, I am one of those moms who talks to the baby. And she's gotten to the point where she's quite the noise-maker herself sometimes and will goo and gurgle back at you. Occasionally I get odd looks for narrating my shopping excursions ('This is a peach. Daddy likes peaches.'), but how else will she learn?

Four weeks until I return to work. I intend to start back at 25hr/wk and gradually increase to 30. I may stay at 30 indefinitely. It's way too soon to tell. I still don't miss work, but I think I may be happy to return to the adult world once it happens. Another big plus of the day care... since we have to pay for full-time anyway (totally worth it; so much nicer than the other places), I can hit the gym, run errands, etc. after I leave the office.

Other changes this week: Digital telephone (the new ring is seriously odd) and wireless internet. The wireless is a bit hinky. Jon moved his computer out to the library last night to give the baby/computer room a bit more space. The signal strength is ... meh. We might have to get a booster of some sort. But, after way too much time with customer support, I was able to at least get it working again.

Anyone else trying out Hex on the BBC?

2 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

It's a new series, just started last Thursday. Being touted as a 'British Buffy' and there are similarities. So far it's hard to tell whether it's going to get overly cheesy in the long run, but for now it's entertaining.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Unless there's full frontal, I'm not sure how you get more nudity than Buffy, consider that Spike and Buffy spent about 75% of season six undressed to some degree. It is the BBC though, which I think does have more leeway than WB/UPN as far as what's air-able.

But I agree that that long-arc does seem darker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home