Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Assorted Thoughts for Thursday

TummyTimeOct8th1 Wow, long time no post. I've been home with a feverish, puking infant the last few days and I feel like I'm coming out of a fugue myself. Fiona is teething in earnest, but she is also enjoying bananas, her exersaucer, and continuing toward sitting and crawling.

I've lost some weight, and boy is Eddie Bauer glad. I also found the less-expensive, less-crippling version of the Michael Kors boot I linked to the other day. Our roofing work has been delayed due to unseasonable rain. It's just been a lot of boring details like that.

On the television front...

The Amazing Race: is back in fine form. Good casting, good tasks, good watching. At last.

BSG: Best. Show. EVER!

Heroes: I am totally hooked on this show. The parting shot of these week's episode? That was insane.

Veronica Mars: Hate the new, subdued credits. Otherwise I'm loving everything about the seasons so far other than the obvious eventual new love interest.

Gilmore Girls: The love story of Christopher and Loralei? Good-bye, show. I'll check on Paris and Lane via the recaplets, but you're off my list.

Nip/Tuck: Enough. You're cut.

Bones: Still watching, still entertained.

Lost: What the hell are The Others up to? The season has started strong (other than yet another Jack flashback, but you know, that's what the ff button on the DVR is good for) and hopefully won't get too bogged down as the weeks go on.

Project Runway: I do not like Jeffrey and I think his work is mostly juvenille. That said, last night made me a little queasy to watch. I hate to think he cheated and the whole things just sucks. Also: Michael Knight, WTF? That is some sketchy, skanky garbage hanging on those racks.

Smallville: I'll give this season a chance. Chloe gets hotter every year. I'll have to keep watching to see if Clark still gets dumber every year.

That's... a lot of TV. But it's one of the few things that's still easy to do while taking care of a baby. What are you folks watching this fall?

7 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

What, no Grey's Anatomy? C'mon woman!

I also like Prison Break and the new show Six Degrees.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Nice to have another post Claudia. Got very used to lots of baby updates. It's weird when you don't post for a while. Man is she growing fast.

TV -

Desperate Housewives: needs to be dropped though I would still read the recaplets

Studio 60: good so far, not as funny as it might need to be, basically just like good West Wing which is fine by me

Gilmore: only watched the first ep so far, still annoyed by what is going on, sounds like I won't like where it is going

Friday Night Lights: one ep, good so far

Jericho: it sounded like a good idea but it isn't living up to the potential, might just keep up on TWOP

30 Rock: hadn't planned on watching it, but it was fairly funny last night

Lost: what you said

Kidnapped: DVRed it, but now that its canned, like won't watch it

Ugly Better: one ep, good so far, not sure it'll keep me interested

Earl/Office: still good

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Mostly with you on the Project Runway impression, though I have to stop Taylor from reading your post until he sees the show. I didn't hate Jeffrey, but I wasn't that fond of him, but this last show made me like him more, especially since I didn't think what went down was cool, since he seemed to have worked his butt off. Love Michael, but not so much those clothes.

I have watched the first two episodes of Heroes, and I kind of like it, but will probably stop watching b/c I predict it will cause me too much stress, though I might catch parts of it if Taylor is watching. Real life is stressful enough without TV drama stress on top of it.

We were watching Vanished, but I can take or leave it really, for stress and cheesiness reasons. That's pretty much it.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

Robyn: Hospital drama? Not my scene.

Chad: Everything I've heard about GG this season sounds like they're going to do a serious relationship with those two, and... no. If they drop that foolishness, I might come back. I could go on about this at great length, but I will stop myself :)

Carrie: Have you seen pictures of Michael's stuff on the models? Gak! It's really too bad, because I think he's seriously talented.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Ok...after reading this, I thought Jeffery had won. A quick check of the recaplet put me at ease...Thank God! I haven't seen Michael's clothes yet, but I've never liked Jeffery's stuff. My favorite is Laura...her stuff isn't always great, but I think when she's on, she's on.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

Erin, I hadn't thought about how someone might read that who hadn't seen the episode. I can see how it sounds like I'm talking about the winner if you haven't heard about the sewing scandal.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger richard said...

I like the new Veronica Mars credit sequence, actually. So far, so great.

Also like Studio 60, though I agree with Chad: it's not funny, but (surprisingly given it's subject matter) it doesn't need to be. 30 Rock takes care of that (at least so far - very funny pilot).

Still getting caught up on Battlestar and Lost... man, we really need a DVR. And yet, it's probably good that we don't have one.

Also intrigued, at least conceptually, with Comedy Central's Freak Show because it is the brain child of two of my favorite people: David Cross (Mr. Show) and Jon Benjamin (Dr. Katz, Home Movies).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home