Assorted Thoughts for Wednesday
Wow, it's been a while since I posted. I've been a busy gal. Fiona's still got a little bit of a cold, but she's doing fine. I got to pick up her shots from picture day yesterday, and they turned out super cute. The grands are going to love them. We're still liking the new Handy Guy and he may be doing some more work for us again soon. I did make it back to the gym at last, the new one anyway. I took in one of Jon's free passes and then had to sit down with the salesguy, who asked me my reason for coming in. I explained that I wanted to lose the rest of the baby weight. And then seriously the guy asked me if that's what my husband had told me when he gave me the free pass. I told him my husband liked breathing. The salesguy did not understand. So I had to explain that no, my husband is not the kind of jackass who tells his wife she needs to lose weight. Lordy.
I'm now working my way through season two of Veronica Mars, which isn't quite as amazing as season one, but is still good. I even bought the soundtrack on iTunes, which is fun. Fiona likes it too, though not as much as she likes the New Pornographers. Yeah, I don't think I'll be telling the Grands the name of her favorite band.
In the interests of keeping my sanity, I have decided that Wednesday is the day I give myself an hour or two of alone time at the house before picking up Fiona. I can nap or read or watch Nip/Tuck or any number of things that are difficult to do with the baby in the house. I just desperately need some 'me' time and the part of me that feels like a bad mommy for not wanting to be with my daughter every moment is just going to have to shut up while the part of me that needs a break gets one.


4 Comments:
Man, I would have paid to have been there to witness your conversation with the gym guy. Haha, do husbands actually tell their wives that? What an ass...
Wait until she's old enough to entertain herself. You'll feel guilty for escaping to the next room, but she needs to learn early on that it's okay for mommy and daddy not to be there every waking second. It's hard, but it has to be done, for your sake and hers.
Robyn: yeah, I'm looking forward to the self-entertaining stage. Considering how determined she is to sit up, I'm hoping that will be soon. She really hates being prone. At feeding time, in the carseat, in the bath, etc, she tries to like levitate herself up by the shoulders.
Taylor: The best was how the guy didn't seem to get it that what he'd said was unbelievably insulting. Do they sell a lot of memberships asking women 'so your husband things you're a lardo, eh?' Jeez!
Hahaha, now that's comedy right there, people.
Post a Comment
<< Home