Also...
Chad's comment pointed out that I'd forgotten to really announce the facts that:
1. We got an offer on our house the second day it was on the market.
2. After several dismaying and fruitless house hunts, we finally saw two houses we loved, and I'm certain we picked the right one to make an offer on.
Jon and I told ourselves that we could deal with the cookie-cutter blah of the newer developments, but we actually found it really depressing. While there are other houses like ours on the block, the neighborhood has a mix of styles and it doesn't feel like if you went five blocks over you'd find our whole block replicated again and again on the drive. It's also, seriously, like two miles from our house now.
It's a two-story, which we really thought we didn't want. But we got their power bill figures and decided we could handle it. The kitchen is great. It's a four-wall kitchen, meaning I have four walls of cabinets and countertops, and they are leaving lovely, newer appliances. The living room and family room are both good-sized. There's a nice little guest bedroom and full bath downstairs, plus a lovely dining room with a big window looking out at the mountains. Upstairs is the master suite, two additional bedrooms, and a hallway bath. The backyard has a great patio, a fireplace, lots of plants (no citrus trees though, and grass, which we're not sure about but might be nice for Fiona for a year or two and then we'll gravel it in), and a space in the side yard where maybe I can try to plant some veggies. There's a high wall and behind the house is a walking path and a wash. They are also leaving their giant swing set, so major score there.
Mom gets in today. I wish we were in the new place already. She could help me plant some roses. Maybe we can get her out for Fiona's second birthday too.


2 Comments:
Sounds like a lovely place. Thanks for the update.
Happy belated birthday, sweet Fiona!
Post a Comment
<< Home