Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

In Between Days

Well, everyone survived my trip to DC. I got to see my friends there and attend a free concert and read a lot of books. My in-laws got to spend some time with their grandkid, and Jon and Fiona got to establish some new rituals. So it wasn't all that bad, but I am not looking to repeat the experience any time soon.

Speaking of reading, I highly recommend Dorothy Allred Solomon's 'Predators, Prey, and Other Kinfolk' to anyone watching Big Love. I'm giving Under the Banner of Heaven another shot (I couldn't finish it first time through, when I was pregnant) and then I need to get some new recommendations because my reading list runs out.

I recently picked up Sid Meier's Pirates from the bargain bin, and I just adore it. I'm probably playing it too much but it has been a while since I had this much fun with a game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home