Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Friday, January 02, 2009

The New Year


That Look
Originally uploaded by ClaudiaBowman
We kicked off the new year by taking Fiona to the International Wildlife Museum (Jon) and the Zoo (me). Which gave both of us time with Fiona and time to relax on the first day of the year. I also took down the Christmas decorations and did general cleanup. We were homebodies for the Eve, and just had a big bowl of hot and sweet black-eyed peas. Which was a new recipe for me from one of the several cookbooks I received as a gift this year. I do believe the Southern Living Slow-Cooker book will continue to get a workout, especially during this relatively cooler part of the year.

I made it to 43 books last year! Let's see if I can top that this year. Recommendations always welcome.

I'm in the office today, but taking off early to meet Jon for a drink, and then we'll pick up the little one.

Happy New Year to everyone.

5 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Chad said...

When I get home I'll write up some brief words on things I've read. If you get a chance to at least mention what you read, I'd appreciate it.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger richard said...

great picture :)

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Chad (and anyone else who's interested), I still use LibraryThing to keep track of my reading. I am now making use of one of their widget-y things to show last year's reading list on the side. I should have reason to start a 2009 list tomorrow....

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Chad said...

Ah yes the big long list of books that a blind person could nearly see. Oops. :)

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

No, no. I put that up last night, in response to your comment. So you're not blind :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home