Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Assorted Musings

Having recently spent quite a bit of time considering what kinds of things my sister might like to have in her dorm room, I found this Wired article on companies that will ship dorm essentials, or even set up the room for you, amusing. As I recall, I moved into Butler with 2 large boxes that I lashed together at the airport using my mad Girl Scout knot-tying skills, a duffel, and a suitcase. (Granted, Jon drove my computer down when he moved in). Do people really find buying a $129 kit that includes only one towel but does include an iron (yeah, those freshmen and their frequent ironing) sensible and money-saving? And do students just buy a new pack every year?

The Amazing Race was great last night. I sometimes wonder what show other people are watching. The TVGuide Online blurb this morning was practically sobbing over the timely elimination of Mirna and Charla. Look, I give Charla massive credit for her gumption and drive. She really did a great job given her physical limitations and the drawback of being saddled with Mirna. But while they sometimes played well, they often played badly and while Mirna was just looney, Charla wasn't above being a jerk either. I'm glad to see them both gone, and done in by their own mistakes. Of the five teams left, I'd be happy to see any one win. (Well, maybe not the twins, but I'm not sure how likely a team that's confounded by directions like 'descend' is to finish in the money.) Chip and Kim continue to play well and enjoy the race, and Colin and Christie should do well unless Colin's 'intensity' steers them awry.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Good point there, babe. You know, if I have to watch the frighteningly unhinged Rupurt mugging on my TV screen many more times (like last night's ad during the race) I may pass on the forthcoming season of Survivor alltogether.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home