The Weekend So Far
Well, Cleo is listed. Of course, we have no idea how short or long the waiting period for her to find a new home will be. I appreciate that they are listing her as a foster instead of an owner release. That's a nice way to look at it. When we first brought Cleo in, she really was un-adoptable. She was, to say the least, not housebroken. She also suffered from submissive urination (she was so happy to see you she's pee. Which ... ew), bounced around the house to the point of bonking her head on walls, jumped on everything, tried to pull things off counters, tried to open cabinets to pull things out, etc. She was a mess. Now, she's house trained, knows a lot of her basic commands, and while she still loves to run and jump she is no longer the kind of dog who will attack the roast turkey at Thanksgiving.
So, other than a little emotional unrest it has been a good restful weekend. As Jon mentioned, we got to sit down to a nice long breakfast on Saturday and today I plan to laze around for a while before doing some chores and errands. I discovered that marinating catfish in Tabasco produces fantastic flavor and that satueed collards are a fantastic alternative. I was even able to treat one of my super heroes to a culinary treat. That game just gets better and better. Yesterday, I got to fight winged evil cow demons. A nice, uneventful weekend was just what I needed. Starting tomorrow it's back to my life as usual.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home