Thursday
So, I am back at my desk after another week in DC. I did get to see Ken and Yvonne this time. We hit a CSPAN book fair and checked out the new Native American museum before a delish Italian dinner. Always a good time seeing them, and it was especially nice to get to see some sites at the same time, and on a lovely day too (despite the rain).
I actually got to come home early, and I was able to find another person to go instead of me on my next trip, which was supposed to start Sunday. I really need a break from the travel, youall. It's been like a trip a month for the last five months and I am tired. My schedule is shattered, cooking and gym and my yoga practice all in a shambles. I want it back!
Plus, the new television season is really keeping me entertained. I did forget to have Jon Tivo my Tuesday shows, which is painful. Ken is wonderfully providing the tape of the Gilmores and he let me know that Nip/Tuck reairs on Friday. Less worrisome is having missed Supernatural, which is wathchable but not appoitment television. It seems I need a designated WB fluff show for weekly game night, and now that Jon plays on Tuesdays, I think Supernatural is officially replacing Smallville. Because seriously, I don't think that even James Marsters is enough to get me watching that again if the massive Lex/Clark Hoyay has completely evaporated. Plus, it's in the same slot as Alias now, and I'll take massively unbelievable secret agent hyjinx over Superman moping any day.
Lost is amping up the creepy and I am loving it, despite the lame flashbacks this week. Oh, and Martha made my week last night. One of the contestants informed her that she was so ashamed by her team's behavior she wanted to cry. Martha's response. "If you cry you are out of here, my dear. Women in business do not cry." Which, thank you Martha.
What are you watching? What's good? I'm giving Invasion a chance to improve, but so far.. meh.


5 Comments:
That Martha quote is awesome.
We're still in love with Arrested Development, and remain fond of The Office and Lost. We've watched My Name is Earl... thus far, it's been rather innocuous - but there's a certain charm in the presentation and with the actors that makes it really watchable. I'll probably stay with for a few more weeks.
West Wing - haven't watched yet
Desperate Housewives - so far OK, not great, I like Bree too much to stop watching
Rome - only watched one so far but so far so good
Arrested Development - hilarious, Bob Loblaw, cracks me up
Gilmore Girls - still love Lauren Graham
Commander in Chief - taped, waiting to see what they say before I watch
My Name is Earl - has some really good lines, will see how long it stays funny
The Office - love Steve Carell
Lost - so far so good
Alias - please let this season not suck
The OC - I still like some Seth Cohen and it fulfills the need to watch a Soap Opera that I have
Oh and I agree on Supernatural based on the one episode I watched.
Alias - please let this season not suck Yeah, I'm a little worried about that myself. Maybe it is more fun to watch Superman mope. I was not mega impressed. Jennifer Garner can certainly emote, and about a katrillion things happened, but it all felt very.... 'we have to write this character off now, now, now!' And, you know, wouldn't you think that as many super-double-secret-double agents as these people have dealt with it might have occured to them to do a background check on some dude who comes in and starts demanding people's personal files before he shoots somebody?
We defintely recommend going with Smallville. We saw both season openers last week - Smallville was terrific and Alias sucked. Saw the second Smallville last night; they're doing some very interesting things. Taped but haven't seen last night's Alias yet but I suspect it will be the last one we watch.
Post a Comment
<< Home