Assorted Monday Thoughts
Having a hard time getting in to the flow at work today. Had too nice and relaxing of a weekend, I suppose. Planted some poppies, got the house closer to being back to normal, did some running around with my husband on Saturday. He bought me a new game, The Movies, and I'm loving it. It's just exactly my kind of game. Now, there's a lot of buzz about the make-your-own-movies aspect of it, which I suppose is indeed cool and I'm sure eventually I'll give that a try. However, I'm enjoying the resource management/building aspects of the game for now, trying to nurture my fledgling studio into the next MGM.
Acquiring this game means I still have little progress on my brick of a book, out on 7-day express from the library. Either I'm going to have to pull some real reading marathons or wait until I can get the book for the regular check-out period. Speaking of reading, I can say that I'm glad I never even considered picking up James Frey's book. It's not up my alley anyway, but I find the controversy fascinating, esp those people who argue that it's perfectly fine what he and his publisher did, representing his story as truth. Well, except that he has now admited to inventing situations and people whole cloth in addition to exaggerating to an amazing degree. And not because his drug-addled memory fails, but because it made for a better story. Does he get at some 'higher truth' by telling the story that way? Don't know, haven't read it. But the thing is, we already have a word for that. Fiction.
Okay, back to writing test procedures. Hopefully I won't have to resort to too much creative writing there...


1 Comments:
That's my understanding as well, that he shopped it around for a while with no luck until he repackaged it as a 'true story'.
Post a Comment
<< Home