Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Monday, January 09, 2006

Lazy Weekends, Long Weeks

It was a nice, relaxing weekend. Invested in some maternity t-shirts (way cheap at Old Navy). Of course now the temp has dropped to seasonal norms and it is too cold for t-shirts. Oh well. Considering that I will be very pregnant and then nursing throughout the AZ spring and summer, I'm going to need them before long. I didn't get many of the chores I had a mind done, I was just plain too tired. Baby-growing is wearing me out these days. I'm hungry, tired, and (as a result) crabby a great deal of the time. Luckily I have a sweetie of a husband who does nice things like let me sleep in on Sunday morning and take me out for breakfast when I finally felt like moving.

I also still have about 50 pages to go in the book I'm reading. It's killing me that I can't seem to quite finish it off. I've got quite the stack of library loaners waiting for me. I linked to the Book Slut site on the right there. I read that pretty often (there's a great review this month of a book by one of the groups blasted in Female Chauvinist Pigs), and have to admit I am a bit of a book slut myself. I read just all over the map from staid old classics, topical nonfiction, Booker Price Winners, and 'heard it on NPR' books to NYT bestsellers, books pimped on blogs, books by DHAKers, and even the occasional worthless chicklit novella. I've been known to have several books going at once. If a book doesn't turn me on, I'll drop it like a hot rock. If a book disappoints me, I'll badmouth it loudly.

Good news from last week is that the Original Handy Guy is back in the handy business. yay! He's coming by this week to give us an estimate on the painting. YAY! Considering what his usual rates are like I'm hoping the charge will be reasonable. We'll see what he has to say, but here's hoping he gives us a decent price and is able to do it soon. If he can, we can even get our new carpet ordered since Home Depot is running a 10% flooring sale through Jan 18th. I cannot tell you how relieved I would be to have paint AND carpet done before March is out.

PS: I totally have to order these for Jon.

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Chad said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Would go with those fuzzy dice or would that be too much?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home