Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Friday, February 10, 2006

Third Trimester, Y'all


I officially enter the third trimester now, at 29 weeks.

Eleven weeks to go. I have started working my way down the to-do list. I saw my doctor earlier this week, and my sugar and iron levels are good. I start seeing her every two weeks now. Next time I go in, I'm taking in a list of pediatricians on our insurance to get her recommendations. Work continues to pile up as people start to realize I'm going to be gone, and the list of things they desperately want done before I go grows.

The patronizing advice is starting to pile up too. Honestly, my coworkers have been pretty restrained, but a few just can't seem to help themselves. Mostly, they seem to have very strong opinions about school, which isn't even an issue for another 5 years or so. Thing is, we have pretty strong opinions about school too, so I grit my teeth and do the nod-and-smile. The best piece of advise I've gotten so far? One of my bosses told me to start practicing napping (which is funny in a way; I wish I'd thought to ask if he minded me practicing on company time), because it was a skill I was really going to need. He's not wrong. I hate napping, have since about age four. But these days? Naps are heaven. And when I'm having to wake up every two hours to feed Baby, the ability to feel refreshed after an hour's rest is going to come in real handy.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

3 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personal question (please feel free to edit)
Is your belly button sticking out? I think that the belly button popping up like a turkey button might be my last hang-up of the whole pregnancy thing. Just needed to know.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

No, I have yet to 'pop', although I hear that does happen to some women. In fact, at this point, my poor waist is still hanging on. You can't see it in that picture, but there is still an indentation cutting through the middle of my baby bulge. I realize that this will eventually disappear and I'll be more smoothly round. Short answer? Still an 'innie' :)

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

You look fantastic. I was huge, but my belly button never popped. However, at 34 weeks on the dot, the stretch marks appeared.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home