Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Another Thursday, Another Update

HappyNewDuds Fiona now weighs 10lb, 13oz. She gained twice as much this week as last, but she hasn't been taking more formula at meals. That and my increased hunger the past few days makes me think I must be producing more, which is nice. Fiona is also now big enough to fit into some of the clothes she has besides just the onesies, which is fun. She's getting really active and chatty. She also loves being sung to, which makes her the only person who's ever really wanted to hear me sing (at least for purposes other than determining how much vodka was required to get me to twang along with Garth Brookes). I need to review the lullaby library, because all I really remember is 'You Are My Sunshine'. Since she's a baby, she doesn't care, so I just insert her name into songs she seems to like ('most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Fiona-tational! This is what we call Fiona's show!') Yes, parenthood makes you do the silly.

I've been finding more time to read as she takes longer naps. If you care about grammar or punctuation at all, or even if you don't, flip through Eats, Shoots & Leaves. The paperback had a sort of punctuation activist's kit with apostrophes and periods and the like to fix irritating absences, plus some cover-up stickers for signs like the one at our pediatrician's office which instructs people not to put dirty diaper's in the trash.

All too soon I have to head back to work, so I'm trying to get all the little projects I wanted to get done around here squared away before I have to figure out a new routine. Other days, like today, I am in a lazy mode and just want to hang with the offspring.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fiona's a cutie.

We both really enjoyed ''Eats, Shoots, and Leaves.'' I love the idea of the punctuation activist's list. It's amazing the misspellings you see these days.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Operator attended phone conferencing Bondage hair nude Want orgies ghb date femdom pamela anderson slide show Replace maytag dryer belt Game face night ops kit homepage Frackville dental insurance http://www.bdsm-movie.info/Bondagephotos.html Printable lined stationery C stock oldsmobiles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home