Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Assorted Thoughts for Wednesday

Bouncer3 Being back at work feels odd, but I'm getting used to the new routine. Daycare seems to be working fine for Fiona. Sometimes she's awake when I drop her off, and it's much harder to leave her behind when she's all happy and smiling. I think it's good for me though, and now I can do things like finally get my hair cut, get back to a gym of some kind, revive my yoga routine and other things that are difficult to do without childcare.

Linking: I'm back in the habit of reading my fave DHAKers, including Gwen, whose bit about food snobs really hit home. Sometimes it's hard to know which child-rearing advice to take, other times the choice is clear. And the Buffyverse continues.

Time to get back to work. Tomorrow: Jury Duty.

3 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Chad said...

That might actually get me to read comics.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was easy for us to leave Johanna when she was happy and smiling, which was pretty much all the time after the first day, because we knew she enjoyed being there. That first day, when she started crying when she realized we were leaving her, was a dfferent story.

Hitting children? I don't think so.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Yeah, my understanding is that she's too young for the idea of 'object permenance'. But some day she'll actually understand that mommy is leaving and it won't be so smooth.

The best bit about the hitting advice: if the child is angry after the smacking, you haven't hit him hard enough. That.... isn't a joke? Seriously? So you're supposed to whack him so hard he loses the capacity for emotion? Because I'm not sure what else a kid feels after being hit for 10-15 minutes unless 'sullen' and 'resentful' are very different from angry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home