Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend Report

A lot happened this weekend. My in-laws visited. Fiona can now consistently roll from her belly to her back. Jon and I got to do some running around and dining on our own while the Grands watched the baby. It's been rainy and cool, which is mostly wonderful.

Except that my roof is a mess.

We've got a leaking skylight, major leaks where the badly-made addition meets the original roof, and water coming in near the AC intake. That one is especially fun because it's screwing with the operation of the AC. I am braced to come home and find half the ceiling on the floor. Those headaches and stomach problems are probably not going away any time soon with this situation. My MIL climbed up on the roof and said she thought it was $75 worth of work. I fear she may be off by a factor of ten. Anyway, the roof guys have been called in and will be clamboring around up there some time today, once the rain moves off. Ah, the joys of home ownership.

Even better, I left a window open in the AZ room. So around 2am I got to spend half an hour swabbing the floor to get all the water up. No sooner was that done than Fiona, upset by the wind and thunder and rain, went from restless to fussy. She wasn't really hungry, she just wanted to be held, and it took a while to get her comforted back to sleep. All around, a tough night.

By the way, if you're not watching Who Wants to be a Superhero?, you are missing the most hysterical thing on TV (and they even punctuated it!). They are all so freakin' earnest. Major Victory alone makes it worth watching. I haven't laughed like that in a long, long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home