Assorted Thoughts for Monday
The good: Our AC guy rocks. Made a same-day appt, and got it fixed in an hour. Turned out to be nothing to do with the roof, and now it's chugging along nicely. The roof on the other hand.... it's been a week and STILL NO ROOFERS. I am getting a bit peeved.Fiona has some congestion, but no ear or throat problems says the pediatrician. That's a relief. She's also eating normally and sleeping through the night again. Both of us are still a bit poorly though. She's been talking up a storm and she's also starting to get that she can grab things other than my hair, like rattles.
Another thing I learned this week: There is actually an activity song worse than the Hokey Pokey. Let me explain. I decided to try Babytime at the library one afternoon. It was immediately clear that Fiona is too young for this, so I have at least a 3-4 month reprieve before I have to consider doing this again. Also, I do not know why people pay oodles at places like Gymboree considering that the library version is basically identical, but costs $0.
Anyway, it was what I expected basically, lots of songs that include clapping, stomping, and silly faces. Now, I went to daycare myself, worked in daycare, and was heavily involved in Girl Scouts for ten years. I have spent untold hours doing this sort of cheeseball stuff with little kids, so I thought it would be okay. But here's the thing a) they have removed all the violence from the songs. The fun of Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee is getting the smash the crap out of it in the second verse. Apparently, that's no longer the way the song goes. b) I thought there could be nothing more tedious than the Hokey Pokey until I met the Loopty Lou, which is like the Hokey Pokey except that the process of extending, retracting, and wiggling an appendage takes four times as long. Do I really have to go back there??
So how awesome was Keith's ouster?? Of course I downloaded Tim Gunn's podcast for further details. The big drawback of course is that Angela will be around for at least two more weeks after winning thanks to Laura and Michael reining her crazy ass in. I can tell some people wanted more scandal in the unscheduled aufing, but I liked how cut and dried it was. And it was just the capper to hear Keith talk about the whole thing as though he couldn't have easily prevented it by, you know, not cheating.
Just discovered I will have to wait until September the get the rest of BSG, season 2. Boo! Why isn't the entire season out on DVD yet? Boo, I say!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home