Assorted Thoughts for Thursday
Okay, I know I have officially reached the third trimester because all the delightful feelings of the second trimester, often refered to as the 'honeymoon phase' of pregnancy are being replaced by increased fatigue and dissatisfaction with all that is happening to my poor body. I feel (though, thankfully, I don't look particularly) swollen all over, to the point that I find socks to be 'too binding' and now that my belly extends from the bust line down, nothing quite fits right, even the stuff designed to fit a pregnant body. God help me, but I'm beginning to understand why some women switch to overalls. Oh, and for extra fun? My first-trimester style constant nausea has returned. Yay.
The quest for a day care continues and I begin making actual site visits this week. Many of the places I contacted turned out not to take infants, so now I'm getting worried about finding a place that make me comfortable that also has available spots. I'm refusing to panic about this. I have ten weeks before Baby is born; I will get this worked out. The first site visit yesterday was fine. The place was clean and neat, the people were nice. The older kids were out on the playground when I drove up and there were lots and lots of adults watching them and most of the kids seemed to be having fun. I went ahead and put us on the wait list.... they're in the process of hiring and training new people for the infant room so there's a decent chance there will be space there by the time Baby is ready to start daycare. I should probably visit another place after work today, if I have the energy.
In other news, they are finally starting work on the shopping center that's going in behind our house. Here's the thing... there's nothing more we can do about it. It sucks, and I hate it, but I can't stop it. At least the neighborhood associations have forced them into agreeing to put up walls and landscaping and whatnot. So far they've cleared out the brush, giving us a good idea of how close the thing will be to us (too damn close, but it could probably be worse). Actually it's a bit of a relief to see the work getting started. We've been dreading this for two years now. I'm ready for them to get it built and over with; then we can know how bad it's actually going to be living with this thing behind us. Maybe it won't be that bad.


2 Comments:
Sorry to hear about the shopping center. What's going in it? My parents live one street away from a grocery store/smallish strip mall. My mom actually said it sold them on the house, b/c when she moved she had two small kids and a baby on the way. She could put us in a wagon and walk over to the store. However, if we're talking about a giant Bed, Bath & Beyond or something, that would probably be a lot less convenient.
We don't know exactly. At first they said it was going to be a Petco, something else, and a few smaller stores. They also said no fast food. Now that may have changed. There's a tire place involved apparently. We really never got a straight answer on what was going in. I guess we'll find out soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home