Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Nine Weeks and Counting

Yeah, the intro bips to 24 are in constant play in the back of my mind these days.

The invitations for the shower have gone out, and I'm looking forward to a nice get-together with the ladies. No one has a birthday early in the year so we haven't all hung out together in a while. Sunday, Jon and I have childbirth class, as he has mentioned. To be honest, I am possibly even more freaked out by this than he is. (After all, I'm the one that actually has to, you know, give birth.) I can no longer remember a time when I did not find the prospect absolutely terrifying, but obviously I will get through it somehow.

I am trying to whittle down the stack of work that's due before I deliver. It is not unsubstantial. I should make some more day care visits, but finding extra stores of energy is getting harder these days. Has to be done though. Oh, I can now sometimes see my stomach move when Baby is kicking around. That is both really neat and kinda creepy. It also looks like my nausea last week might have been stress and/or bug related, and I'm doing much better these days.

Finally finished the giant brick of a book I'd been working on, The Historian. It's been a long time since I've read a book involving vampires, and having been fully immersed in the Buffyverse I found the notion of a vampire needing three feedings to turn you awfully inefficient. It was pretty well written in the sections telling the story of three generations of scholars trying to track down Dracula. The overlong travel guide descriptions of locations were not as enjoyable. Ultimately the ending was a bit of a let down, but after nearly 700 pages I was glad just to be done. Now onto another brick of a book.

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

It was a neat concept. I liked the idea that Dracula was basically looking for an employee and that anyone who managed to find him had basically passed the interview process and would be offered the job. I hadn't really thought about the tone, but you have a good point; that kept it from turning super campy. But boy was it long. Long, long, long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home