Claudia's Garden Journal and Assorted Thoughts

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Another Thursday, Another Post

Been busy, but not with anything very exciting to anyone but me. Somewhat sobering development? We've got seven weeks to go and I now have to carry a copy of my medical chart with me everywhere... just in case. I finally got the damn closet cleared out so I'll have space to stow all the stuff from the shower this weekend. And I broke down and bought Baby a musical classic-style Pooh bear from Target. He is super soft and wicked cute and he's been good for training Bess that not everything stuffed goes in her mouth.

I'm getting more sleep and, as a result, more exercise. I'm also officially looking for something light to read. After splitting my time between the alternately reassuring and scary Spock and the beautifully written but soul-crushingly sad A Fine Balance, I need a read that is not so heavy.

By the way, if anyone has recipes that freeze well, please post a few on the food blog. We need to stock the freezer so we have sustenance on hand during the busy weeks ahead in May and June.

ETA: Just noticed today is the 9th. Which means Jon and I have been together for eleven years now.

4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

I wish we had planned ahead on food. We pretty much lived on take-out for a few months.

Do you ever check out allrecipes.com?

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Chad said...

Eleven years? Wow. And I thought Melissa and I had been together for a long time.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger richard said...

impressive milestone, congrats.

i'll give some thought to your food request; i'm sure there's one or two things mary and i do that might work.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

I used to use allrecipes, but I had some bad experiences so not so much any more. I use epicurious all the time. I should pull out all my Everyday Foods because they put a freezer-ready recipe in each one, but some of them just aren't my style.

My Mom will be with us the first week (assuming Baby is on time), and thank god, so she'll be able to help us with cooking, laundry, and whatnot, but I'd still like to have some stuff on hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home