Assorted Thoughts for Thursday
I've got another stack of books to pick up from the library today. I had started on Judith Warner's Perfect Madness: Motherhood in the Age of Anxiety, but it immediately reminded me of the discussion Mary, Carrie, Heather, and I had a while back about 'Spartan parenting', etc. Frankly, we don't have the income required to face some of the delimas documented in this book and I hope that I would have enough common sense to avoid others, so I decided to just forget it.
After all, I have enough sources of discomfort these days. I am getting big, sore, and swollen. With five (FIVE!!) weeks to go, the fatigue and back ache and water-logged legs are really wearing me out. Today I could not get my wedding rings on. I am really hating that. At least I've been able to get a lot done at work lately so I should be leaving the office with things wrapped up pretty nicely. I also finally got someone half-way competent to answer my HR-related questions. I found a pediatrician easily. So things are definitely coming together.
Baby is nice and fiesty still, and she has definitely turned (so that's one less thing to worry about). Before too long we'll be acquiring and constructing a crib, washing all the baby things, installing the car seats, and packing the bag for the hospital. It is still flying by. I fear that as we move into the last week (and possibly past the due date) time will instead start dragging. Hasn't happened yet though.


2 Comments:
Just try to enjoy your last few weeks alone. Enjoy the silence, do some more nesting, and talk to Jon. The whirlwind will commence soon enough.
And don't worry about your rings, it's probably best. If you get an IV, you'll be so swollen from the fluids, you'll be glad you aren't wearing them.
I have the perfect book for you. The name is Mother Knows Worst. It is chock full of 1930's and 40's posters and child rearing help guides. I think it is even better than Dr. Spock for calming all your fears.
Post a Comment
<< Home